Monday, March 26, 2012

31 hours to take-off.

Greetings earthlings!
Here I am--laying on the floor in my loft overlooking the pacific ocean. (well, I can't see the ocean from here just thought it'd sound cool.) Anyways, I just finished my last bit of packing! So I'm enjoying a slice of pizza and a root beer. Trying to savor the taste as long as I can! Pretty soon it'll be rice going to my hips and curry to who knows elsewhere. All I know is in less than 31 hours I'll be on a plane to the beginning of a life changing experience. So many people have been asking me questions--so here are some answers!
How am I feeling? A cluster of excitement, butterflies, thrills, and nerves all as elephants tramping in the pit of my stomach.
Am I ready? A question to your question--can anyone really be 100% "ready" to live in a foreign country for 3 months time? All I know is that God will give us the strength to do whatever He's asked us to do if we are willing to remain obedient to Him.
What am I bringing? Medications, vitamins, sanitizing wipes, and most important of all--beef jerky.
What will we be doing in India? The first two weeks we will be running a children's VBS in Mumbai. From morning to lunch we will teach classes, then we have work duty where we will get dirty and clean stuff, then from 4-8pm we will have "outreach" where we will lead street ministries, preach in churches, and more! Then finally at the end of each day my team and I will debrief and prayer/testimony time. Our schedules are likely to change but that's just an idea of what it will be like for the first couple weeks at least.
Will I be able to keep in contact with y'all? I am hoping to catch some Internet access on my phone once every week or two so I can blog or post photos of what God's doing.
What am I doing after outreach? Idk! Who knows where God will send me next. Whether it be staffing a DTS school here in Hawaii, moving to the rivers of the amazon, doing a medical DTS in London, or move back home. There are endless possibilies and open doors. Just praying God closes the ones that are not for me. Only God knows right now! I asked Him to reveal to me what to do, but He said to just finish this first, then He'll tell me what's next when I need to know. I trust Him, no worries about the future. 😌👍
How can y'all help me? PRAYER. Pray over my team's health. Pray over our safety and traveling mercies. Pray over our friendships. Pray over the people of India that we will be in contact with. Pray that God will give us mercy and favor to the ministries and places we go. Pray for us to have supernatural energy. Pray that we will cope with the culture shock. Pray for peace, opportunities, and personally pray against the spirit of fear to be broken off of me. I want to be BOLD to be obedient. Thank you! 🙏❤


Phew- that was a mouthful. I am feeling quite emotionally and physically drained. We have been busier than ever these past couple weeks. Yet at the same time I'm STOKED. I don't even know what else to say-- the next time I post it'll be from India! I love y'all and thanks for all the prayers and support.
You're so special and appreciated.
Blessings,
Xoxo




1 comment:

the Kresge's said...

Love it Macy! God is going to continue to do the amazing through you. "The willing and obedient will always eat the good of the land"